Following are the few Sentences Correction Tips in GMAT Reading Comprehension.
Sentence Correction GMAT Tips
* Dangling Modifiers -- Modifiers which have no subject --- wrong!!
* Almost always Modifiers come immediately after the word they modify!
* IF Vs WHETHER - If-- hypothetical.... whether -- when you have to choose among options
* Maintain PARALLELISM -- rather than, instead of, to X is to Y, etc.
* Look out for Sentences starting with "to"...maintain parallelism
* Verb agreement with subject w.r.t. number, tense, etc.
* Modifiers...recognize them.
* Possessive case --it's not the subject.
* BOTH -- only two things!! and parallel too!!
* Look out for COMPARISONS -- LIKE, UNLIKE, SIMILAR TO...compare same types (number, type, etc.)
* Look for countable and non-countable nouns. (amount, sum,etc.)
* THAT Vs WHICH ...that is restrictive...which is non-restrictive.
* LIKE Vs AS ... like expresses similarity ... As compare clauses
* SUCH AS --; to give examples .. such X as x1, x2, x3.
* JUST AS --; again to compare actions, not nouns.
* BECAUSE Vs IN THAT ...because shows cause and effect ... in that is mostly correct on the GMAT.
* USUAL Vs IS USUAL ... usual... compared to itself... is usual...when compared to a sub-group it belongs to.
* NATIVE OF Vs NATIVE TO ... Native of is used for a person...native to is corrector person/thing..everything else.
* CAN Vs COULD -- can = ability, opportunity, possibility. could = assumption, condition, polite request, suggestion
* WOULD --; a condition in the past, anticipation in the past.
* BECAUSE Vs ON ACCOUNT OF --; former is preferred over the latter. both are correct.
* ECONOMIC Vs ECONOMICAL --; Economic is economy related... Economical is Money-saving